If you have never been on a zipline, that’s okay! We would hate to spoil the fun and excitement of the trip, but we do want to provide you with a understanding of how your trip will probably go!
- We have weight limits for participants. Specifically, you must weigh between 70 and 250 pounds.
- There is a minimum age of 10 years old, there is no maximum.
- We recommend dressing with closely fitting clothes (nothing to get caught!) and closed-toed, secure shoes. Pants or shorts are acceptable depending on the weather. If you get cold easily, do bring a light jacket.
- Ziplines work by gravity – and thus they start at a fairly higher point than they end. If you are absolutely afraid of heights, ziplines might not be the best activity for you. However, we do take many guests with a healthy respect for, or mild fear of heights.
- A base level of fitness is recommended, as you will be up and mobile while you are on the tour. Zipping is a participation sport where you do things that control your speed.
- We will provide necessary equipment – a helmet, gloves, and a harness.
- We will ask you to disclose any medical conditions you have that could come up on the trip. Conditions that are relevant include: diabetes, asthma, heart conditions, knee problems, back/shoulder problems, bee sting allergies and any recent injuries or surgeries that your guide will want to know about. If you are unsure whether healthy enough to zip, we recommend checking with your doctor first.
Our guide will fit you for all items and show you how to comfortably use and wear them. You will then go through our “ground school” where you will learn and practice all the skills you need to be an adept “zipper”. We will cover: zipping position, steering, hand braking, signals, and what to do if you come up short of the platform. After you have become proficient at these skills, we will climb a cargo net onto the course and let the zipping begin. Depending on the size of the group, trips generally take about 2 hours.
If you have any further questions, give us a call at 1-800-EGO-RAFT (1-800-346-7283)